We have formulated this cancellation policy in a way that we feel is fair to both Modern Day Music and our students. The difficulty is that our Private Coaching spots are limited, our coaches have full and busy schedules, and recurring time slots are offered at a reduced monthly rate, with no contracts longer than one month. Having a recurring spot on the schedule to guarantee your time slot and your coach, also means it is unavailable for other students. With this in mind, we have formulated the following cancellation policy ...
- Your MDM Recurring Private Sessions monthly tuition must be paid in full each month for your sessions to remain scheduled. Automatic Billing on the 1st of each month.
- When you join MDM as a Recurring Private Lesson Student, your weekly session time with your coach is scheduled and held for you going forward. Please be prepared to be available for your appointment each and every week. If you need to reschedule a session or sessions, the following rules will apply...
- If you cancel your private lesson with less than 48 hours notice or you miss it, you will never lose the lesson! An online video makeup lesson by your coach will be posted to your LessonMate account. Group lessons do not qualify for LessonMate makeups.
- If you cancel your private lesson with more than 48 hours notice, we will offer you the option for an in-person makeup if available around that timeframe, with your coach or a sub. If not available... An online video makeup lesson by your coach will be posted to your LessonMate account. Group lessons do not qualify for makeups.
- If your coach is sick or on vacation, a sub will conduct the lessons during their absence. If not available for a private lesson... An online video makeup lesson by your coach will be posted to your LessonMate account. Group lessons do not qualify for LessonMate makeups.
- If you must cancel or postpone your entire enrollment, give us 48 hours notice before the 1st of the following month. With this notice, your account will be cancelled as of the end of the current month and you will no longer be billed. All legacy unused makeup vouchers expire when your enrollment is cancelled, so be sure to use them before canceling to avoid forfeiting them. Refunds for cancelled sessions will not be issued.
- Non Recurring Sessions require 48 hours notice to cancel. With 48 hours notice we will gladly reschedule your session at a later date for no additional fee or if it is a private NR lesson, your coach may do an online video makeup lesson that will be posted to your LessonMate account. Anything less than 48 hours notice, an online video makeup lesson by your coach will be posted to your LessonMate account for NR private lessons only. Group lessons do not qualify for LessonMate makeups. Refunds for cancelled sessions will not be issued.
- Complimentary Sessions are offered as a courtesy to new students who want a chance to see if they enjoy a particular instrument before enrolling in Private Coaching and are offered only once per student. We ask that if you schedule a Complimentary Session, to please arrive on time. We do understand that emergencies can arise, and that could cause you to be unable to attend your session. If you have to reschedule a session, we ask that you do so with 48 hours advance notice if at all possible. We will be happy to reschedule a Complimentary Session one time only.
MDM prides itself on being an honest, upstanding company, that offers the best support and service possible to our students.
(Returned checks will incur a fee of $35 for each and every occurrence)
Feel free to Contact Us if you have any questions or concerns.
ALL RESCHEDULES AND CANCELLATIONS MUST GO THROUGH THE MDM OFFICE. ANY NOTICE GIVEN TO A MUSIC COACH WILL NOT GUARANTEE YOUR RESCHEDULE OR CANCELLATION TO BE EFFECTIVE WHEN IT WAS GIVEN.